Nantucket is a strategy seafaring game set in the golden age of American whaling, during the first half of the 19th century. The story takes place a few years after the disaster of the Pequod, where Captain Ahab and his crew lost their lives to Moby Dick. In the role of Ishmael, the only survivor of the Pequod, you will have to chase after the White Whale again for redemption.
The game will be released in 2017 on PC.
- Explore the Seven Seas: Set sail around the world, and increase your prestige by looking for whales and new adventures.
- Be the captain you want to be: Develop your character in true role-playing game fashion, by increasing your stats and developing your skills.
- Manage your crew: Hire and manage your bunch of old sea dogs, give them tasks on your ship, and share your loot with them.
- Develop your ship: Unlock new technologies to improve your ship, and build new compartments to expand your possibilities.
- Live the golden age of American whaling: Experience 1,000+ unique events, and face the results of your choices.
- Hunt whales: Discover new whaling areas, lower your whaleboats, and fight whales for precious blubber.
- Defend your ship: Protect your crew from boarding pirates, and be ready to face hostile natives.
- Chase the White Devil: Complete quests to unveil the secrets behind Moby Dick and dissolve Ahab’s curse.
Official Gameplay Trailer
Official Teaser Trailer
Official “Devs Play” series
Nantucket is a work of fiction that portrays the Golden Age of American Whaling and its protagonists. It’s a project born around our passion for history and great literature, such as Herman Melville’s Moby Dick.
Picaresque Studio does not support illegal whaling and invites you all to be aware about the endangered species problems caused by industrial whaling. Check the the International Whaling Commission’s website for more information https://iwc.int/home