Based in Turin, Italy
18th January 2018
Set a few years after the story of Herman Melville's Moby Dick, Nantucket promises to thrust players into the tortured life of Ishmael as he comes to grips with being the sole survivor of both the wreck of the Pequod and the wrath of Ahab. Players - as Ishmael - will scrape what they can from the ocean by exploring, discovering, and harvesting marine life in a 19th century fashion. "Our goal with Nantucket is to create a compelling seafaring strategy game set in the golden age of American whaling" says Designer and Co-Founder Marco Mantoan, "and Moby Dick embodies the epic and savage elements of that time."
Keep an eye on the Picaresque Studio Dev Blog for more exciting news about Nantucket!
- SET SAIL AND EXPLORE THE SEAS: Set sail around the world, visit cities, and increase your prestige by hunting whales, landing jobs, and searching for new adventures.
- BE THE CAPTAIN YOU WANT TO BE: Develop your character in true RPG fashion, by increasing your stats, choosing your reactions, and developing your seafaring skills.
- MANAGE YOUR SHIP AND CREW: Hire and manage your crew, give them tasks on your ship, and improve your ship with new compartments, expanding your ship’s capabilities.
- EXPERIENCE THE GOLDEN AGE OF WHALING: Experience more than a thousand unique events tailored around your choices and face the results of your actions.
- HUNT WHALES AND FIGHT PIRATES: Discover new whaling areas, hunt whales for blubber, and protect your ship from pirates using a turn-based combat system.
- CHASE AFTER MOBY DICK: Follow an original story line and complete quests to unveil the secrets behind Moby Dick and dissolve Ahab’s curse.
Nantucket - Release Date Announcement Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
There are currently no logos or icons available for Nantucket. Check back later for more or contact us for specific requests!
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Alternatively, you can always request a press copy by sending us a quick email.
About Picaresque Studio
Picaresque Studio is an Italian game development studio working remotely across Europe.
More information on Picaresque Studio, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Artist, Picaresque Studio
Designer, Picaresque Studio
Programmer, Picaresque Studio